Saturday 26 November 2011

Disneyland - Paris.

Normally when you go on rides at a theme park they insist you leave bags on the platform while going around. I've been to a few theme parks in my time, I wouldn't ever take my best camera gear out to leave laying around unattended... so I packed my old 400D and 15-55mm + 50mm lens for this trip.

It really shouldn't be a shock, but the French have a complete lack of health and safety - you can carry whatever you like on the rides... This made me a little miffed I was having to use such a rubbish camera. However this didn't detract from the magic of the venue, it's hard not to smile like a mindless idiot when at Disney.

That's right, we had to queue for this shot! We nearly the only adults in the queue without children. Needless to say, I didn't take this shot personally - a confused park worker did, my French isn't really good enough to explain the purpose of a prime lens... but she seemed annoyed it couldn't zoom out. 
The decorations were up, which made a very cheesy affair even cheesier.

There are two things my 400D can do very well, blur pictures and endure roller coasters (the last point was a recent lesson). With this in mind I used my tripod and set about trying to capture some motion blur and long exposure views.

Clearly we didn't got just to take pictures, it was B's birthday and somehow she'd managed a childhood without visiting. I'm glad I had my camera, I'd like to thank B for letting me stop to take pictures while she was chasing characters for hugs.
While the grand Canyon is a lot more impressive, the fact this was built just for a run away train ride impressed me!

I probably shouldn't complain too much about my 400D, it's sturdy, reliable and provided me with years of faultless use... given enough light and a good bit of glass it performs perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment