Friday 4 November 2011

10 second challenge

Right, pictures... they're great, so great in fact sometimes I want to get in shot.

I can't really leave this down to other people, because I'm known for taking pictures nobody else bothers to bring a camera!

This means I can use the remote, which is great but its range is only slightly longer than my finger. Leaving me with my camera's 10second timer, for some shots this is a little hairy.

Of course the world record for 100m is under 10seconds... but I'm not that fast and jumping around near the edge of the Grand Canyon, over rocks in a stream or up the Death Valley sign require a little more attention


Here's a few examples of it working:


Sneaking in on the right
Climbing up that sign wasn't as hard as getting down.
It looked more dangerous at  the time.

Up a Tor in Devon
In a stream (still in Devon).

And one of it not working:

I didn't manage to pose, I blame it being gravel, wearing wearing flip-flops and not wanting to fly off the end. We did get it next time, but to be honest with all the cloud it really wasn't worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment