Monday 9 April 2012

Photo Project 1, 11. Ordinary Beauty

OKAY... maybe this is just my translation, but this post has the possibility to get me into a lot of trouble!

What does 'ordinary' mean to you?? I'm taking it as "not different or special or unexpected in any way"  Which isn't exactly faltering!


Well to avoid any problems with ordinary ladies, here are a couple of picture of the other lady in my life, Gladys. She's a Gladius 650 Suzuki I bought for myself as my 24th birthday present. She's definitely ordinary, looking identical to THOUSANDS of others which came off the production line in the same period.


F2 1/50sec. ISO-1600 taken with a F1.8 50mm prime on an old 400D, the poor low light performance of a 400D required some tweaking to smooth the grainy'ness.

F3.5 15sec. ISO 100 18mm - taken on an old 400D with a sturdy Tripod.
Using just street lights you can get some very powerful shadows if you're prepared to wait for a long exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment